Thursday 25 August 2011

Chorizo and Roasted Vegetables


After the success of my last post (Chicken in Peanut Sauce), I thought you might like my Chorizo and roasted vegetables recipe, it’s a good way to use up any bits of veg or meat that you have spare.



In a casserole, combine your chopped veg with chunks of chorizo, whole garlic cloves, sundried tomatoes and a sprinkle of mixed herbs. Mix in a small amount of Olive Oil (Not too much, as the sausage gives up oil as it cooks) and some Balsamic Vinegar.

Raw Veg

Half Cooked



Roast in the oven at about 180 degrees for about an hour, stirring after 30 minutes, until the veg are soft. Serve with bread to dip in the sauce.


Ready to Enjoy


This also works with chicken, prawns or your favourite sausages. And the proportions of veg can be whatever you have available.

By the way, a quick plug for my other site, http://figmants.blogspot.co.uk/, where I will be posting some short stories and other articles that I have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment