Saturday 13 July 2013

Simple

I wanted a simple meal last night, as we weer going out, and I found some of Evergreen Farms Pork and Marmite sausages in the mysterious, never-emptying space that is our freezer. No matter how much I try to make room in it, it never seems to be less than bulging, with everything that you want somehow making its way to the bottom. I need the room as I'm starting to pick the currants and berries, and want to store them until I have enough for Jam.
Anyway I digress, First of all heat the oven to 200 degrees.

In a roasting tray quarter two large onions, and add a few new potatoes. Try to get all the pieces about the same size. Liberally coat with Olive Oil.

Cook for about 30 minutes, then add the sausages and return to the oven,



Give them another 30 minutes, or until the sausages and potatoes are cooked through.


a bit more than this.

It's a bit of a healthy fry up in a way. Very nice with a good mustard and some brown bread.

I must get back to the freezer, there are some delicacies in there.....somewhere.

We went to the Brixham Hap'nin at St Marys Park, a great evening of Beer and Music



it's on again tonight, so we have water bottles filled with Rose Petal wine to keep us warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment