Saturday 19 December 2015

George is Home

For the first time since 2008, all my girls will be together at Xmas, Georgina flew into Heathrow this morning, (Saturday) and was met by  Naomi and Amy. We will see her soon.

To celebrate I made some beer battered Onion rings, (OK its weird!) but it passed the time and used up some Sourdough Starter I had spare.




And the reason for that, I have finished baking as Well Bread!, as it was uneconomical for me to continue any longer. My insurance and Council registration, as well as my Food Hygiene Certificate were up for renewal and I needed a load of stack so I would not have made any profit until March if I had carried on.
I have kept all my starters of course, just in very small quantities and will refresh them every week and keep them in the fridge.

Here's a selection of the last bake,





So now I'm truly retired, I can concentrate on the writing and on enjoying life.

Talking of writing, my latest flash fiction went down well and got several positive comments.

Its repeated here in case you missed it, only 662 words so it won't take long to read. It could maybe expand into a full story someday.

Its decoration time today, must get up the loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment