Tuesday 1 March 2016

Sweet Chili Sauce and Hot Pot

Before we start, let's get one thing clear, I KNOW it's always usually made with red Chili. 

I found the recipe via Pinterest and when I went shopping they had a mixture of Red and Green Chili's for a ridiculous price. So I put the two together. And to be quite honest, if my version is different; well that's never really stopped me before.


Ingredients

converted from U.S. to  grammes, I made double the amount as I had plenty of Chili.

15 g minced fresh garlic
3 chili peppers
113 g sugar
177 g water
60 g white vinegar (I used my homemade one)
7 g salt
15 g cornstarch
30 g water


Method


Chop the Chili, leaving the seeds in.




Add this to everything else except the Cornflour and 30 g water in a saucepan. 



Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.

Mix the cornflour and 30 g water to a paste and add to the mixture. Boil till it thickens.



Put it in sterilised jars or bottles and keep it in the fridge once cooled.




Prefect.


I also made a Hot Pot, not one of our family favourites, with Lamb and Chorizo. The children never liked it when they were smaller, I think it was because of the butter beans. In addition to the beans and the meat, there were Onions, carrots and Lamb stock. It was topped with my potato skins.




It should be nice with Brocolli. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good and easy to make. I grew up on butter beans so I do not mind them. How long does the Sweet Chili Sauce last in frig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet, the recipe said a month. I think it will all be gone by then though. I'm taking a bottle to my daughters, I will ask her to keep watch on it.

      Delete