Monday 3 April 2017

Vegetables three ways, and a new character.

In my quest to eat more healthily, I've discovered new tastes, which are just as good as what I had been eating, but a lot better for me.

Firstly, I replaced the pasta which would normally accompany a bolognese with Aubergine, chopped and roasted in Olive Oil.









That was pretty good, then the next day, instead of potato chips with our fish, we had crinkle-cut Butternut squash chips.  



Again roasted in the oven in a little Olive Oil.

There was enough Bolognese for a second meal, this time I cut Courgette in a spiralizer to make a sort of spaghetti. This only needs to be microwaved for about 45 seconds to warm it without making it go soggy.





And now I feel quite virtuous!

In other news, my next novel, Andorra Pett and the Oort Cloud CafĂ© will be out in June. 
The artist who created Andorra, Matthew Britten, has drawn Andorra in another pose for marketing purposes, and here she is.






Look out for her on Facebook and Twitter soon, meanwhile, you can still catch up on chapter one of the book HERE

And looking a bit further ahead, the sequel to my Steampunk adventure, The Rocks of Aserol will be finished very soon, with a prospective publication date of October 1st this year. Keep an eye out for more news and the first chance to read a sample soon.

Note added in 2019, both novels are now available, check this link for details

No comments:

Post a Comment