Sunday 30 October 2011

After the last rather long winded entry, I have more to add.





As I said before, Yvonne has not been well, it’s a long story but I hope we are coming to the end of it, we managed to go to see Blakemore’s Night at Salisbury last month, as we both like the music, I first saw Ritchie Blackmore in 1972 when he was in Deep Purple, that made me feel old, as he looked just the same. (Mind you I was right at the back and wearing my varifocals this time) It was a fantastic evening and I hope it all helped.



Also we started a new variation of meals on wheels, which we call meals on foot, after our local Indian takeaway had driver problems, so they had to walk around to deliver our meal. But it was delicious.



Now on to the food, these items are also on the Down to Earth Forum, which I would recommend for all serious downsizers.







Two dishes today, firstly and in no particular order, the dessert.



I had some short-crust pastry left over from another project



Line a sandwich tin with foil and roll out the pastry, push into the lined tin and trim.



Spread a layer of peanut butter over the pastry.



Add a layer of Chocolate Spread, and some chunks of Chocolate.



Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.



Let it cool and top with fresh Raspberries.



Next the soup



Its soup time again, I do love this time of year, warm and cosy with a good bowl of home-made soup, and a hunk of bread.



And as it’s the end of the month, there are lots of good things lying around to make a nice soup, bits and pieces in cupboards and the refrigerator.



Here’s what we are having today. Chorizo and Vegetable Soup



I boiled potatoes for roasting, but did a few extra. When they were soft I mashed them into the water, to make a paste.



Meanwhile I fried up the half Chorizo left from last week, together with chopped peppers, onion and garlic.



When these are starting to brown add some sweet paprika, then stir into the potato mixture. Add a veg stock cube and season.



Warm through and serve with bread (This is Tomato and Garlic Focaccia)









Stop Press, Naomi and Eamon have announced their engagement, many congratulations to them; I’ll leave you with a mugshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment