Friday 16 August 2013

Blackberries

It's that time of year again, and I have been keeping an eye on what I like to think of as my Blackberries as they have developed. You have to be quick round  here, as they are harvested relentlessly and you must get in first.

So in the spirit of overkill, I will be there at 6am tomorrow, but in the meantime I have found a few brambles closer to home to practise getting scratched.


There's just under 3lb there, took me about 20 minutes to pick, I still have some blackcurrants and raspberries in the freezer, so plan to make a mixed fruit jam, using them all up and making room for my autumn raspberries, which are taking over the garden.

I got home from work on Tuesday, and as we couldn't be bothered to cook, had a curry from the local takeaway. I got some Bombay Potato,  but there was too much for me to finish, and as I had a few bits of Chorizo, and half a jar of Mushroom Antipasti, I decided to fry it all together , with some onion and Balsamic for a snack.


It turned into a rather large snack, but who's counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment