Sunday 30 March 2014

One of those days


After all the bread I make for other people, I made one for myself yesterday, or at least I tried to.
Somehow it found it's way into the washing up (don't ask!) so it was a case of  'Bon Appetit Bin' or however they say it in France.

Anyhow, if you look on my bread blog, link on the right, you'll see that I managed to produce a loaf for my own use, using my new mixer,



It being Mothers Day today, my daughters in England, who are all too far away, sent me instructions to get Yvonne some flowers. I managed to get a load in bud last week,


and after a couple of days in vases they opened out nicely.





Georgina, who is in Australia, sent a card and a personalised mug, which was a lovely thought, she will be home in a couple of weeks for a month or so, we haven't seen her for a year except for Skype so that will be good.

Yvonne found a new friend on Thursday,


She's the one on the right LOL !!

I actually managed to get some cheap Rhubarb to add to mine and make my first load of wine this year


The great thing is that after you have made it,




the pulp can be cooked down and used in a crumble.


So you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment