Friday 23 May 2014

Ribs and Hot Pot

In addition to baking the 200 rolls for Brixfest,

http://www.brixfest.org/

I had Yvonnes birthday barbeque to organise and a meal to make for tonight.
In the end I got the ribs out of the freezer to defrost while I made the BBQ sauce and assembled the Hot Pot.


The sauce base was made from equal parts of Black Treacle, Honey  & Tomato Ketchup. On top of this I added Paprika, English Mustard and Worcester Sauce to give it a bit of a kick.

Meanwhile I chopped Onion and carrot for the hotpot,


took some left over lamb and cut into chunks,


then mixed, with added butter beans.



I made gravy with lamb stock (thanks freezer) veg boullion powder and a little cornflour,



I topped it with a big handful (or two) of the frozen potato peelings that I part cook and freeze


Then it just neeeded an hour in the oven.

Meanwhile the ribs had defrosted, I cut them into more managable pieces and rubbed the sauce in, leaving them to soak in the fridge.

Now they just need turning every now and again. A few hours in a slow oven and they can be finished on the BBQ.

Not a bad days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment