Sunday 22 November 2015

Ahead of the Game

I have this foolproof method of working out if it's Christmas or not. I ask myself 'Is it December?' If the answer is NO, then it's not!!

Other people however, seem to have a  different method, it involves the end of July, or at least that's how it appears to work.

Not that I'm against the principle in any way, but I do think that it's nice to get Halloween out of the way first.

Having said that, I do enjoy the day itself. Fortunately we have just about all the gifts sorted before the rush, although nothing much has taken my fancy so far. I'm not really that bothered about things, I've got less materialistic as I've got older which makes me a nightmare at Christmas and Birthdays. Sorry everyone.

I was in a local bookshop yesterday and spotted my book on sale, a really proud moment, if your local shop doesn't have a copy, ask! 

They can get it from all major suppliers, or you can buy it from Silverwood Books direct here. If e-books are more to your liking it's on Amazon here. It's getting good reviews as well.






My website has part three of my "How I write" series, in this part I give my characters personalities. You can find it here.

The reason for our trip was a Groupon for Fish and Chips, £9 for two people. Now I don't know if you've ever tried Groupon deals but they are pretty good. Here's one of the portions,



Yes that's TWO fish fillets each, with excellent chips and peas. Also included was a pot of tea for two and some bread and butter. A proper seaside lunch. 

I spotted my new bread delivery van on facebook, where can I get one of these?



Bread wise, this week was the monthly Spelt Crumpet order, a little diversion from making loaves, they are just Sourdough Starter and salt, sugar and Bi-Carb.




I was also asked for Spelt Sourdough battered Onion Rings, Why not I thought, I used some local beer in the batter as well and made a few for me (quality control) they freeze well and will go with just about anything. As well as the beer; the batter is made from Sourdough starter and a bit of flour and salt.





Lovely with steak or sausages or just with a dip. As you can see, there are more hiding underneath these.



No comments:

Post a Comment