Monday 21 October 2013

Christmas is Coming.....................Run!

Followers of my Bread Blog will know that I am developing a range (Well 2) of Festive Breads for one of my customers.

I thought that I would move a little away from the bread aspect and try my hand at some cookies, with a mincemeat twist.

On the Internet, I found a recipe and amended it slightly (as you do) to take into account the ingredients I actually had in the house.

The mix looked good,


and was made into cookie shapes,

Note the Geometric precision of the arrangement
 


 and put into the fridge for 30 minutes to settle the butter.

I baked at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes,


and they looked like this. Now I do have "issues" with biscuits, they come out of the oven soft and semi-liquid, and I always have that feeling that I haven't cooked them long enough. Although these were starting to brown round the edges.




I tend to pace up and down till they cool and solidify, as if by magic. I guess it comes from being more used to Bread being solid when it is cooked.

So I made a coffee and tried to be patient.

But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment