Saturday 26 July 2014

The great Clotted Cream Challenge Part 1

Norma over the road just brought Yvonne and I some Scones and Clotted Cream.
They went really well with my Blackberry Jam,


cream first of course, well we are in Devon, not the other place. And I know that it's supposed to be Strawberry Jam but in true Organic Gardener style the slugs got there before me.

I do like Clotted Cream, but since we moved here I eat less of it, probably a good thing but I got thinking, could I make my own? And how easy would it be?

The answers are Yes and Very.

So here's how.

Take a 500ml pot of Double Cream and pour it into an earthenware dish,



cover well with foil,



and put it into the oven at 80 degrees for 12 hours, I'm going to leave it on overnight.

Meanwhile, I took some of my freshly picked Blackberries and covered them with the wine vinegar I have been making,


in 12 hours I'll turn that into a glaze for chicken or lamb, or anything else.

Don't miss Part 2, when we'll see if the magic has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment