Sunday 27 July 2014

The great Clotted Cream Challenge Part 2

This morning  I took the dish out and left it to cool. The cream seemed very runny, but perhaps that was because it was still hot.


Now it needs 8 hours in the fridge before the final verdict.

Meanwhile, I strained the Blackberry infused vinegar,





then added dark brown sugar, weight for weight. I boiled it for about 20 minutes, at which point it started to thicken, so I let it cool and bottled it. That's ready to liven up grilled meats or salads, or even on Ice-cream.
 
 
The cream had grown a clot, which I scraped to one end of the dish,
 
 
Looks like it's clotting well! I don't know how much to expect from a pot of cream, probably not much more than that, there's enough for a few scones there, or maybe a Devon Split.


No comments:

Post a Comment