Sunday 8 December 2013

Blowing my Own Trumpet, and Pork Chops with a Twist.

Because after all is said and done, no-one else is going to blow it for me.

The book is on sale now, see

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/385201

where you can get a sample, I decided to split the tale into two parts, so that I could get the first part on sale before the Xmas rush! It also gives me a breathing space to get part two straight in my mind before I write it down.

In other news, work on Weds was quiet, only three jobs, and only one after dark.


the obligatory view of me passing under the Dartford Bridge.

I have so many cookery books, but like most people I only use a few, they are filling every available shelf. So I put up an extra shelf in the kitchen, over the Patio Doors which we never use, to relieve the pressure on storage.


Yvonne made some bunting to decorate the edge, I just hope that the brackets are strong enough, I searched everywhere for some that I could use "upside down" but had little success until I found these. Surely I'm not the only person who wants a shelf over a window? As you can see I filled it with books, but strangely enough, I don't seem to have much more room.

Lunch today will be Pork chops, done in stuffing and apple, with roast Potatoes, Parsnip, Swede and maybe some Sweet Potato as well. Accompanied by Runner Beans and Carrots. Oh yes and Gravy of course.

The Meat



The Veg

Now here's a top tip for cooking chops, steaks and other small cuts. Instead of using oil or lard, dripping etc, I cut the fat off my meat and cook it first, either in the frying-pan (steak) or in the roasting dish (chops etc) till it renders down and releases its goodness.

Before
Then you can cook the meat in it, after a little preparation.

After


Pork and apple are a match made in heaven, so lay the chops inn the juice and spread with a layer of stewed apple.




Add a layer of either stuffing mix or homemade breadcrumbs and herbs mixed.



Cover with foil. And they are ready to go.

In case you think that it's extravagant putting the oven on to cook three bits of Pork fat (and who wouldn't?) I used the heat to part cook my potato peelings, and cook a White Loaf.

 
 

the peelings, (or Potato Skins to give them their restaurant name) can be frozen,  as they are part cooked we finish cooking them like frozen Oven Chips. The bread is a no-knead White Loaf.

Meanwhile my roots and tubers are boiled and ready to adorn with Goose Fat,


Stay tuned for the results show.

No comments:

Post a Comment