Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year Wishes.

It's that time of year, when the resolutions are flying thick and fast, and as usual the question is, how long can they be kept? And again, as usual the answer is probably not very long.

However this year, I am determined that things will be different, so instead of declaring a list of things that are practically unattainable, I'm sticking to a more realistic approach. In the order that I think they will last, starting with the one that has the best chance of success.

First, try to make a new (to me) bread recipe a week. Also create more variety in the meals we have at home.

Second, write more regularly, and do more to promote my self-published work

Third, Do a lot of the DIY jobs that I keep putting off.

Fourth, (and here is the same one that I say every year) exercise more and eat less junk.

There's a pattern developing here, note how the eating comes before the denial.But I do mean less junk, not the good stuff, and as the classification is mine, there's potential there.

Anyway, today's bread was a mixed Sourdough, this time done with white flour on a spelt starter. Baked in my new cast iron casserole, it had 90 minutes to get the centre up to 95 degrees. But the crust was divine, and the crumb soft and chewy.



We had a visitor in the study, and it was symbolic of transformation, of new beginnings, very apt for the time of year.


I have no idea where it came from, it just suddenly was!

Happy New Year to you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment