Wednesday 10 August 2011

Chicken in Peanut Sauce with Potato Wedges


First, thanks for all you messages about Picasso, yes he had  a wonderful life, and this last year in Devon he was like a kitten again, springing about and laying in the sunshine. I’m sure I saw him, just out of the corner of my eye on Sunday morning, so I feel re-assured that he’s alright where he is, and he’s just popping back to let me know.



Back to the food-



Here is one of my favourite Chicken dishes, my middle daughter and her boyfriend will phone and order this before they come to stay with us.



I’m using Chicken breast fillets, only because they were half price, you can use any chicken meat (or lean trimmed pork).



500g Meat

200g Peanut Butter (I used Crunchy)

200ml Sweet Chilli Sauce

50ml Golden Syrup

Dash of Worcester Sauce.



Cut the meat into bite sized pieces and put into an oiled casserole dish.


Mix up the sauce ingredients and stir into the chicken.




Leave to marinate for 4-6 hours.



Cook for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees C, turning halfway through cooking.



Make sure that the chicken is fully cooked before serving, if in doubt give it another 10 minutes, the sauce will be crisper.



As an accompaniment, cut some potatoes into wedges,  put in a baking tray, add sliced onions and coat with oil and Balsamic Vinegar.



Bake for one hour at 180 degrees turning once,or until soft.With 10 minutes to go sprinkle with Sea Salt and Black Pepper.



I found a few Cherry Tomatoes, cut them in half added in some Sliced Mushrooms in oil, and Mixed Herbs

These went into the oven for the last 30 minutes.

There will now be a short pause over the weekend whilst  we have a family wedding, my eldest daughter is getting married in Nottingham on Saturday, my youngest has come over from Australia for the big day, its all getting a bit stressful, normal service will be resumed when we've all recovered.


2 comments:

  1. Me again...I've posted your recipe and linked to your blog...thank you for the recipe...it was so very tender and delicious.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and obviously tastes delicious.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete