Sunday 27 November 2011

My Frugality knows no bounds.





As you all know, I hate waste, especially food waste, and use the most that I can out of all my ingredients. It drove people mad to start with, but they still ate the results, and I am glad to say, are gradually coming round to my way of thinking.



So when Naomi asked for the Chorizo and veg, I just knew that it was a waste of time putting the mushroom stalks in, (She claims they taste bitter) bearing that in mind I saved them for a more discerning palette – Mine.



In between the dog walking and tap fitting this morning I prepared tonight’s dinner, and got ahead with tomorrows as well.



We had some lamb and bean casserole left in the freezer, so I sliced some potatoes and boiled them for 10 minutes, and used them to cover the lamb, like a hot pot.




The potato water had veg stock added, along with tomato paste (Home made) and cornflour to thicken it into a gravy. I also put in a bit of beef stock from the freezer. I fried onions, garlic and the mushroom stalks until soft, and then added them to the gravy. That will go nicely with Pork and Herb sausages tomorrow, along with potato and parsnip mash.



Meanwhile I have fitted the new sink tap, after a bit of a struggle getting the old one out, lots of rusty nuts to undo, being careful not to crack the sink. Anyway it seems to have gone back together without major catastrophe and no leaks so far. Now we are on the home straight, steam clean the tiles and wait for the floor, then just a few fittings.

No comments:

Post a Comment