Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hash, Revisited.

Regular readers will know that I hate waste, and save all my potato peelings, part frying them and freezing for later use.
So here is my take on Corned Beef Hash, I know I have done it before, but it’s one of my favourites, and after the hard slog of a day’s shopping, or indeed a hard day's anything, it's quick and easy.
First, and importantly, put your tin or packet of Corned Beef in the fridge the day before, it cuts easier when chilled. I used a 340g tin.
Heat the oven to 150 degrees and put the potato peelings in a roasting dish to start crisping them, you don’t need any oil as they have been part fried and will still have some oil on them.

Chop 2 large onions and fry till soft,


while they are cooking; cut the tin of Corned Beef into cubes.


When the onions are starting to become translucent, add the beef and stir, and keep stirring whilst it all dissolves together.

When warm and well mixed, take the potato out of the oven and add to the onion/beef off the heat. Mix well and return to the roasting dish.

Put it all back in the oven for about 15 minutes until the top is starting to brown.

At this point you could add grated cheese if you wanted. Personally, I just served it with Baked Beans and a hunk of bread.
YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment