Friday 14 September 2012


It’s a lovely sunny day, and there are so many butterflies and bees on our Buddleia that I just had to take a few photos.


 
 
 
 The camera on my phone is not very good, so I had to get my proper camera out. I’m waiting for a phone upgrade; hopefully the camera will be better on the new one.

Last time I talked about slow roast beef Chilli, well I made it yesterday, basing it on a Jamie recipe.

I used a 750g piece of Bone in brisket I got from our local butcher for £2.99, and before sealing it in a frying pan I rubbed it with a mixture of Cinnamon, Oregano, Paprika and ground Cumin.
 

 

Meanwhile in my £5 charity shop Le Creuset casserole dish I put 2 chopped peppers, 2 chopped onions, 3 chopped dried chillies, a tin of chopped tomatoes and 400ml of Bovril stock. This I warmed in the oven at 120 degrees.

 

When the beef was browned all over I added it to the casserole and cooked at 120 degrees for 5 hours. At this point the meat fell off the bone and was shredded and put back into the casserole.
 

We had it with some mixed peppers bread, and had enough left over for today.
 

Within the next couple of days, I will be putting a short extract from my novel up for comment, just a piece from one of the action sequences, I will put it on this site, as nobody has visited the other one, any feedback will be most welcome.

To set the scene, our hero and his ship are protecting planetary surveyors from pirates, out on the fringes of human exploration, of course if sci-fi is not your thing then you will be disappointed, you could always try my piece “School” on the other site. See top right on my blog for the link.

1 comment:

  1. My eye was drawn by the coloured beads hanging by the buddliea stems. I was transported back to when we were small and would sometimes receive a treat of a "necklace and bracelet" set on elastic, from which you could bite off the (quite foul tasting I remember) sherbet "beads".

    I'm a veggie, but I always like the look of your bread!

    ReplyDelete