Friday 19 December 2014

Ciabatta in an Hour

They said that it couldn't be done, and I was one of them. But I'm a convert to the idea now.
We ran out of bread yesterday, and I didn't want  to make a lot more as we would not be here to eat it.
I did have a recipe for quick bread so I thought I would give it a go.

First put the oven on to Max with a dish in the bottom.

Basically its 450g warm water, 500g flour 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons yeast and 1.5 teaspoons salt.

Mix really well, (its very runny) I used my stand mixer for 6 minutes.

Then turn it out onto a well floured board, stretch and fold it for a couple of minutes, it will be a struggle at first but after a few folds it will start to feel stronger and tighter. When it does roughly shape it into two loaves and put them onto silicon paper.


Leave them for 15 minutes, boil the kettle and pour some of the hot water into the dish in the oven. Then put your loaves into the oven for 15-18 minutes until risen and golden.


 


Job done.

The reason I wanted the bread was to make Garlic Bread to go with our supper.
A couple of cross cut slices were spread with Garlic Paste then butter,




into the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.


Not a bad afternoons work.

No comments:

Post a Comment