Tuesday 7 February 2017

Ham Hock

Evergreen Farm, the place I get my steaks and sausages from, had a special offer on Ham Hocks last week, and I picked this one up for half the marked price!


As you can see there was loads of meat on it, 



and as this sort of joint benefits from a long cooking time, I decided to cook it in the slow cooker, in apple juice.
First I soaked it overnight in cold water to draw out some of the salt, then it had 6 hours in the slow cooker on low,



Finally, I boned it out and had enough meat for Sunday, cold on Monday with salad and Sweet potato wedges and Ham rolls for Tuesday lunch. 


And the apple juice gave it a delicious flavour, I wish I had bought two!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. I must try cooking it in apple juice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed, I will be doing that again.

    ReplyDelete