Sunday 30 November 2014

Granola and a loaf.

Here's a copy of the Well Bread! post about Granola, in case you missed it.


We went to Totnes Market on Friday, and I brought a bag of Peanut Granola from the Common Loaf Bakery stall. I've been a huge fan of them for a long time now and their produce is probably the best bread I've ever tasted.
I fancied making my own Granola for a while now, and seeing theirs and trying it gave em the push to have a go for myself.

I found a recipe for the basic mixture online, just Oats, Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon looking around the cupboards I found Pistachio nuts, Walnuts, Cranberries and Chocolate Chips to use for a filling.
My recipe had no indication of the amount of fillings to use but I figured that as long as they were no more than 50% of the total ( 270g of Oats) it should be OK.

Here's the dry mixture, Oats and filling plus Sugar and Cinnamon, just a pinch of salt.




And here's the Canola Oil and Honey, with a dash of Vanilla.



Mixed together we have this, which I spread out on a lined sheet.




I baked it at 140 for 25 minutes and left to cool.



After it had gone hard I broke it into pieces and stored it away.





That's breakfasts sorted for the next few days.

I also made a Soft Wholemeal Sandwich loaf for this week.



And looking out this evening, next door have put their tree up outside.


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment