Sunday 17 November 2013

Totnes Good Food, Again

The month seems to have flown by, and we are off to Totnes Good Food Market again. Its been a busy week, even though I haven't been at work there has been a lot going on, and it seems like there will be no let up this week coming either.

I've done a lot of bread for various people, (See the bread blog) and was also able to make some for us! I gave some to good friends that we met for a drink on Friday, and I think they must have eaten it on the way home, as I got a text as soon as we arrived back. Also the Brixfest fundraiser last night, I'm still waiting to hear how that went.

We took the dogs out to Stoke Gabriel for a walk around the village and the lake, it was one of those still autumnal days, with the smell of woodsmoke on the air, the world seems to be holding its breath before winter. I love it.

There were Alpacas grazing on the hill? a long way away but I got a picture,


they are in front of the sheep if you look closely, Honest.


And there were chickens roosting in a tree,

 

The views around the lake ware,as ever , superb, it doesn't matter what season, it always looks different,





 
and to round it off, we went into the farm shop on the way home and the Christmas beer has arrived.


Fa-la-la-la la etc etc.(especially after a couple of the above)

Food wise, it has been the same old stuff, hearty stews and healthy eating (sometimes), but if Evergreen Farm are at the market today, it will be Steak tonight.

In other news, I have finished part one of "The Rocks of Aserol" and am proofing it, before it goes to my publisher. I've also had interest in turning it into a partwork in a monthly magazine, we'll have to see what happens there. Now of course I have to write part two, and make sure it has a good ending. The first section is still available as a free sample for anyone who wants it, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment