Saturday 12 July 2014

Black Pudding, Love it or hate it?

You have my daughter to thank for what comes next. Amy told me that she had a bacon sandwich on Black Pudding and Tomato bread, well it got me thinking. I already make a Sundried Tomato bread, so all I would have to do would be fry up some Black Pudding and Pancetta and incorporate it into the bread.

So I got some Black Pudding and fried it up,



crumbling it into pieces. Then I fried Pancetta and mixed it in.


Next job was to make the dough and add the mixture,


then roll and cut,




Rise and bake.




I took a sample down to Millie and Me, and was told it was a "triumph".
I also suggested the Pea Bread, (remember that?) with added whole peas and fried potato as the basis of a fish finger sandwich, now I'm experimenting to make it come true. But that's a story for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment