Saturday 9 April 2016

Finished

Just a quick post to let you know that, after a marathon session at the keyboard, my new novel "The Rocks of Aserol" is FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phew, I'm elated and sad at the same time. Elated that the project that grew from a dream I had in 2012 is now a story, with ideas for a sequel and sad that I will have to say goodbye to the characters for a while. They have become close to me and have felt more real as time passed. Their adventures have been my adventures and if I closed my eyes I could see them exploring the world I created. I've laughed and cried with them and for them. Now I must entrust them to my team of editor and formatter (is that a word?) to put them into the form that will enable you to know them too. My cover artwork is in progress and we are on track for the publication date I set myself. More news will follow as soon as I know it.
As the back of the paperback will soon say,

At first glance it was a simple enough job, go to Aserol and find out what’s happening at the Waster mine. For Horis Strongman, it’s the start of an adventure, there are things that don’t add up and he stumbles upon a secret. It’s enough to kill for, but can he stay alive to expose it? 
In a world where Coal is King, where machines of Metal are powered by Steam and Clockwork, those in power want him silenced by any means.
Accused of a terrible crime, Horis is forced to run, aided by those who can prove his innocence, and unsure of whom he can trust.
From the mines to the skies, on the oceans and rivers, The Rocks of Aserol could change the world.
  Part of the first chapter is available to read here, any comments would be most welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment