Thursday 30 October 2014

Mixture

 
 
First of all, here's a memory, back in 2008, I had the privilege of piloting the British Columbia Ferries new-building "Coastal Celebration" up to Tower Bridge. On a voyage from the builders yard to Vancouver it was decorated to advertise the 2010 Winter Olympics.
 
 

 
 



 


I don't know who that bloke was getting in the way. (LOL)



It doesn't seem like 6 years ago, more like yesterday.

Enough reminiscing, back to sunny Devon.

Its been very mild here, probably caused by us getting all our winter clothes ready, so now we have nothing comfortable to wear out in the muggy, warm days.

Food wise I have been revisiting a few old favourites, we had roast turkey last Sunday, a bit keen but you have to get the practise in. There was a bit of meat left over, I cut it into chunks and marinated it in the fridge in a 50/50 mixture of Sweet Chilli Sauce and Crunchy Peanut Butter for six hours. (Overnight is just as good)

It had 40 minutes in a 180 degree oven and although the pictures are a bit gruesome it tastes brilliant.




You can do the same with raw chicken or pork, just cook a little longer to ensure its cooked through.

To accompany, I cut potato wedges with an apple corer, part boiled and tossed in oil and vinegar. They went into the oven for the same time as the meat,






I'm still experimenting with various biscuits, I used to enjoy Fig Rolls and thought I'd have a go. I used the Oat and Sourdough base mixture that I use for Digestives and date puree as I had no figs. They were more like a flapjack but very nice,




perhaps I could do a biscuit assortment for Xmas, I can do Custard Creams, Jammie Dodgers, Digestives, Date Rolls and Ginger Nuts, oh and Condensed Milk Cookies.

In anticipation of NaNoWriMo, I did a rough word count of my works in progress, to give me a base figure. I'm not starting from scratch, I want to finish something, at least to the first draft state.

Myra 36561, Ribbonworld 28281, The Rocks of Aserol Part 2 8903.

So we'll have to see how they change.

No comments:

Post a Comment