Saturday 22 August 2015

My Choc-Chip Bounty

I stumbled upon a recipe on Facebook for a chocolate covered coconut bar, it was remarkably easy to make, just three ingredients and around half an hours work. I added my own twist as well.

I used 500g Dessicated Coconut and 170g Condensed Milk, with 100g Milk Chocolate Chips,




 all mixed together until it forms a dough.



I shaped this into logs and put them in the freezer for 20 minutes.




After this time I melted 300g Dark Cooking Chocolate and some more chips in the microwave (30 second bursts with a stir each time so it doesn't burn)



Then I dipped the logs and put them in the fridge to harden, the frozen mixture was starting to set the chocolate as I worked.



I had a bit of chocolate left over so I coated my dried banana and apple pieces from my dehydrator experiment.



Now I had to wait for the chocolate to set. It took about two hours in the fridge.

When I cut one, it didn't fall apart.


Wow! It tasted good, add that to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment