Saturday 27 July 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes it's that time of the year again, but just another day in the scheme of things.

When I was putting the beetroot away, I found a jar of Pickled Onions from last year, and on inspection they had gone soft. Instead of throwing them away, I chopped them up and put them in some fresh, sweetened vinegar.

 
They will be used as a base in stews and various dishes.

I also made a loaf for myself, as it is a bit quiet on the sales front, I think it must be the hot weather, people are eating less bread.

I made a large one, doubling the quantities for a no-knead loaf and baked it in the large casserole dish.

 

I have also dug up the last of the new potatoes, a bit of a disappointment this year, probably due to the late spring, but enough for a few meals.

 

Now I'm off to enjoy my Birthday cake, with Clotted Cream of course, and Steak tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment