Friday 26 June 2015

2 Bits of News

It's been a big week here at the home for soon-to-be retired Pilots, retired Nurses and current Micro-Bakers.

Firstly, the Micro Bakery had its busiest week whilst still a hobby, at least until the end of July when it will become a business. We produced 34 loaves and 60 assorted rolls, scones, crumpets and teacakes. It might not sound a lot in the great scheme of things but that's over 20 kilogrammes of flour, and a lot of effort. And some satisfied customers as well. Things are looking good for August.

Secondly, my novel "Ribbonworld" is at the copy edit stage, that's the bit where someone casts an eye over my manuscript and weeds out all the bad grammar and incorrect spellings, finds the holes in the plot and generally tidies it all up. Based on the above, I'll probably get a blank sheet of paper back!

Then after re-writes we will move to proof reading, and a contract. I'm dead excited to say the least. In fact its got my creative juices flowing and I've resumed my Steampunk novel, with about 30,000 words to go. I don't know how long the edit will take but I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment