Sunday 21 June 2015

Comparison

 I hope you like my new mantra.

A while ago now, I made some Sourdough Battered Onion Rings, soaking the Onion in Balsamic Vinegar overnight first, and put them in the freezer.







Well yesterday was crunch time, so to speak, as I took a few out for a taste test against a well known supermarket version, The supermarket ones are Beer Battered with Black Onion Seeds.

Here's a look at them on the tray prior to cooking  (mine are on the left)



After 15 mins in the oven from frozen they were ready, unfortunately the evidence disappeared before I could take any more pictures. But they looked the same, just hotter.

My independent critic (Yvonne) who is not a huge fan of Onion Rings said there was no contest. So you can guess which ones we will be having with our steak tonight. And to give you a clue, its not the ones on the right!!

1 comment:

  1. They look scrummy.

    Re my earlier comment - you might like to have a look here:

    http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/recipe/index/list

    It is their main web site in America however look under the different tabs as there is potentially quite a lot to do with it.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete