Saturday 20 June 2015

Micro

The greenhouse is finished, well as finished as it will get, the final parting shot was when I attached all the trims to the corners and the holes didn't line up. I turned them upside down (all 4 were the same) but no joy there. So I have come to the conclusion that it's definitely not my DIY skills at fault.



And I've managed to get all the stuff back in, apart from the car load I took to the tip.

What I don't get is that the old house was half the size and full. In theory if I had just put everything back in the new, it would only have half filled it. So considering that I threw loads away, how is it still full?

In other news,I have received my new bannetons from Bread Matters, increasing the amount of sourdoughs I can prove at once. Now of course I will need a bigger fridge. (Only joking Yvonne if you are reading this)



On Thursday I had spoken to them about delivery and thought that I recognised the voice from a lecture I had found on You tube. Sure enough it was Andrew Whitley himself, one of my major inspirations.

He asked me if I ran a micro-bakery and I thought about it for an instant before saying ,"Yes I do."  
"More power to you," he replied and we chatted for a couple of minutes. It was then that I realised that I was a proper baker, if only a micro one.

Talking of which, I had a bit of excess bread on hand so  made croutons this morning.

Just chop the bread into small cubes, splash with Oil and Balsamic and bake at 140°C for around an hour, turning a couple of times.

Leave them to cool and crisp and store in the fridge. 




Great on Soups or in salads.

And finally, (as they say) we have Roses round the front gate.


No comments:

Post a Comment