I've spent most of today, well after I delivered bread and went to get milk etc, stripping the floor in the Dining part of the Kitchen and Varnishing the floorboards. I wasn't looking forward to it but the loss of my old sander meant that I could get a new one with the power to do the floors.
In the end it had turned out well, as I did the floor in less than an hour, thanks to the new sander having a dust extractor the room was not covered in dust when I had done.
I have been able to get two coats of Varnish on already, I'll leave it overnight and do the final coat in the morning.
Look at the difference so far,
and after 1 coat of Varnish,
Now for the porch and the front room.