Sunday, 28 February 2016

Chalk Paint Part 2 and Yvonne's greetings cards

After the success of the experiment on the side of the Rosewood Chest, I've taken the plunge and decided to do the whole thing.

First up I sanded the top down to get rid of all the old varnish and some of the marks. I forgot to take a 'before' picture but it came up a lot better than I expected. You can see my 'test' on the side.

I don't want it pristine, it needs to look used.

 Here's the whole chest, I tried one of the new handles, 

So I removed the drawers and got started.

One coat

Two coats
And then the drawers as well, one coat so far.

While I'm waiting for the paint to dry, here are a couple of the greetings cards that Yvonne makes so well.

I'll let you know how the chest looks when it's done.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I make cards too! We have a great swap with lots of craters. Many in England too!