Sunday 12 August 2012

Tiger Rolls

I was at work on Saturday, a quiet day as it happens, just this one up to Charlton,


but before that I was in Gravesend buying my lunch when I smelt the distinctive aroma of Tiger Bread. And I thought to myself, how hard can it be? A bit of research later, and a trip to the Indian Supermarket for Rice Flour and Sesame Oil and I was ready to have a go on my return home. I also got 5kg of Mango Chutney for £7.99 – Result.



So as well as roast beef today, we are having a Mango and Blackberry Flan, using Mango Chutney on a puff pastry base,




topped with mango brought on Friday and some fresh blackberries from my garden.



That will need about 20 minutes in the oven, it should be nice with some ice cream.


I made Tiger Rolls. I got the recipe for the paste here




and made normal white dough, substituting 25ml of Sesame oil for water.

The paste went on halfway through the second rise,





and they had 20 minutes in a 220 degree oven.





Tomorrows project is a Pork and Peanut butter Burger, stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Wow they look really good. I am going to have a play with that later on. We love Tiger bread. Unusual use for the chutney as well - have used chutney in casseroles and stews but not in a pudding.

    Hope you are keeping well

    Pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete