Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Easter


You might wonder at the picture, its Salmon on a roasted veg mixture, stay with me and I'll tell you how its done.

As you know, I'm not one for exact measurements in any sort of cooking except Bread making. Normally I find that the recipe is a good guide but I MIGHT LIKE more vinegar or peppers or whatever. So I use the recipe as a basis for negotiation.

Heres the basics for this one,




Shallots, Mushrooms, Potato, Raisins and my Home Made Vinegar. And a bit of light brown Sugar and Olive Oil. Used in whatever proportion floats your boat, don't worry about there being too much liquid, the raisins and potato soak it up. 

Chop it all up and mix thoroughly then bake at 180 for an hour with the lid on, stirring a couple of times. Add the Salmon on top and give it 25 minutes more with the lid off.

Serve with watercress and salad.


Some activity in the garden as well, lots of blossom and leaf buds on the fruit trees and a few tulips.


My Patio Peach







Have a happy Easter.


No comments:

Post a Comment