Saturday 25 April 2015

Pasta and Rosti.

I had another go at the sourdough Pasta, this time it came out a lot better.



I also found a recipe that used Sourdough Starter as a binder in Potato Rosti, so I just had to have a go.

I blitzed 400 g of peeled potato and added about 80 g of starter,




and mixed with a drop of Oil and seasonings.

I split it into cakes and baked for 50 minutes at 160 degrees.




There should have been six but I tried one, and it was very nice!

Here is the recipe for the Pasta,

80 g Starter at 100%
60 g Flour

Mix well until you have a smooth ball, s&f a few times and leave overnight.

Roll and cut in the morning.
It's that simple.

And for the Rosti,


400g potatoes
80g unrefreshed 100% sourdough starter, I used Wholemeal
2 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper to season.

Roughly grate the potatoes into a bowl, or blitz in a processor. Add the starter, olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper and stir till combined.

Divide into six equal size balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper and drizzle with a few more drops of olive oil.

Pop into the oven 160C oven for about 50 minutes until golden brown.

Serve hot, can be reheated from frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment