Thursday 9 April 2015

Moon - and Stuffed Peppers.

I went out early yesterday to get a paper, it was still dark but the moon was showing in the sky. It appeared to have some sort of a halo around it so I went back inside and grabbed my camera.



I moved a bit further down the garden, away from the darkness behind the house and got a bit better view of it.



Slightly out of focus but a good halo, there must have been some really high thin cloud to get this effect.

A minute later it was gone.

My shoulder is getting better slowly, it may take a while to get the full use back but I can move it better each day and the muscle ache is slightly reduced. If I make a grab for something, or a sudden movement, it reminds me that it's there so dog walking is still out for a while, not that they seem bothered.

I'm still practicing for the LoveLife event in Brixham next month, rehearsing all the products that I'm going to take down as samples. So far I have: Rye Sourdough, Spelt,  Sourdough Focaccia and Ciabatta, Sourdough Digestives, Sourdough Muffins, Sourdough Crackers, Chocolate Sourdough and Sourdough Brownies. I might also do some crumpets if I have time. I suspect that the night before the show may well be busy.

For our meal tonight I'm doing stuffed Peppers. I baked some sourdough bread a while back, and sliced it. I put the slices in a low oven for an hour to dry and kept them for breadcrumbs. The full story is on my bread blog. 

http://brixhambread.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/my-new-starter-is-gradually-gaining-in.html

Anyhow I crushed some of it up this morning, I'm going to be adding the crumbs to pulled gammon, mushrooms and cheese in the peppers. We will have that with watercress and tomatoes, maybe a bit of Oil and Vinegar dressing.





So I halved and de-seeded the peppers,



and cooked the mushrooms.



The juice mixed and hydrated the breadcrumbs,


and I added the gammon and filled the peppers.





Grated cheese on top and they were ready to cook.



Half an hour at 180 should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment