Wednesday 1 April 2015

Beetroot Ciabatta.



Spring is here, at least this bird thinks so! It stood there for ages so I could get a picture.

Jean next door made us some Easter Cup Cakes,




which were very tasty.

I had a load of Oranges, including some Blood Oranges in the fridge, I turned these into Marmalade, I had to add a lot of extra Pectin to get a set, but they were a bit over-ripe before I started.



Bread wise I have been concentrating on the Sourdough side of things, refining my technique. Its meant a lot of spare starter from refreshments so I have been making Crumpets with this,



much better than the rubberised type you buy.

I also extended my range of flavoured Ciabatta with the inclusion of a Beetroot recipe.





we had these toasted with Garlic Mushrooms on for lunch. The base recipe is so versatile that you can add just about anything to it, I've tried Fennel Seeds, Carrot and Coriander, Walnuts and Caraway Seeds as well as the Beetroot. As long as you alter the liquid amount to allow for the moisture in Carrot or Beetroot you're OK.

I'm still thinking up new ideas for flavour combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment