Monday 2 February 2015

Pizza Part One

I'm partial to a pizza. But not any old pizza. Having worked abroad, I know what differences there are and I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned only one place in England does a decent one. Supermarket pizza tends to be too thick on the base and topping light for me, I like a thin crust and loads of stuff on it.

Yvonne makes a mean pizza, it was one of the first things that I liked about her, she used to make an amazing base with bran, crushed Weetabix and I don't know what else. Topped with loads of sweetcorn and pineapple and ham and whatever she could grab. Wow!

I've been meaning to make a pizza base from a recipe that I found online, it requires no kneading, just a long resting time.

Its 165g flour, 120ml water, 2g yeast and 3g salt. Basically you mix it all together  so the flour is all moistened. Then you leave it covered for 18 hours. I started this one at lunchtime on Sunday.

At first it looked like this,



and then 8 hours later like this.




Finally on Monday morning we had this,



ready to be finished.

Simply stretch and fold the dough a few times and shape into a ball.



Wrap it and put it into the fridge until you're ready to shape it and add your toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment