Thursday 5 February 2015

The Day Before

So here I am, its the day before I go into hospital for my shoulder operation. About a million questions are buzzing round inside my head.

Will it work?
Will I get a sleep without the pain waking me up when its done? (First full nights sleep for years)
Will I be able to go back to work?
How much time before I am recovered?
Will I regain the full use of my arm?
and many more.

I guess I'll just have to find out tomorrow.

One thing that I'm not worried about is the operation itself. Being in the hands of the surgeon and anaesthetist is not a concern at all. After all I will be asleep. And if I don't wake up, it'll be better than having been hit by a bus.

Anyhow, I've survived a plane crash (1985) and had enough heart-stopping moments in a forty year career connected with risk to be sure that I'm here for something special. And as I get the feeling that it hasn't happened yet, I think that I'll be around a while.

There may be a slight delay until my next post, I spent ages learning how to type with two hands, now I will have to go back to using one.

I've baked a loaf, that should last us for a few days and Naomi is coming down to see me next weekend, so I think everything is set up. Yvonne's a good cook and a qualified nurse, the freezers full and my girls have sent chocolate.

I'll speak to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Richard

    I hope all goes well for your operation and it does the trick. Just take it steady and allow yourself to heal properly. Take care

    kind regards

    Pattypan

    ReplyDelete