Sunday 22 March 2015

A shock

The eclipse was a bit of a disappointment. Last time (1999) we had a superb view but this time it was cloudy. I did get a couple of glimpses but by the time I had the camera pointed it had gone. I managed to borrow this photo though, which shows about the same as I saw.



The one thing I have missed, with my shoulder problems, is taking the dogs out for a stroll. Although they seem quite content to lay on the sofa on their throw, I have missed it. 

Yesterday I went out after lunch and walked our usual route. It was surprising to see how green everything is, and the beach looked very inviting if a little cold.






There were a few people about and several asked me where the dogs were, I didn't really think that anyone would have noticed that I hadn't been around but I was wrong.

It was when I got to the blackberry patch that I was most surprised........ it was gone!




the bushes had been about four feet high and had passages between them, I got loads of berries last year. I know they will grow back but it was still a bit of a shock.

After about an hour I returned home and cut the Chocolate Orange bread, it was soft and chewy and had a good ripple of Chocolate in it.




Very nice toasted as well. You get the ripple by using chocolate chips in the first mix and then proving the dough in the oven for an hour. ( Put a dish of boiling water in the base of the oven, put the dough in and turn the oven to MAX. Leave it for a minute and then turn the oven off but keep the door closed.)

This works for all doughs and is cheaper than buying a proving box.

Finally we had salad, Mackerel and Jackets for supper, I put grated carrot and pepper and some orange segments in the salad, making a dressing from my home fermented 
vinegar, oil, mustard and honey. Today the plan is for the rest of the salad with Chicken in Peanut sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment